Butterick 6970 Pattern Review - Baby -TShirt with Envelope Neck


Butterick 6970 Pattern Review - Infants' Jacket, Tops, Dress, Rompers, Diaper Cover and Hat

Pattern Description: Loose-fitting jacket, pullover tops, dress and rompers have narrow hems. Jacket has long sleeves and button closure. Rompers have snap crotch. View G romper has button closure. Diaper cover has hook and loop tape closure. I made view B, the tshirt. 
Pattern Sizing: XXSm to large.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Somewhat. 
Were the instructions easy to follow? 
Yes, very simple. 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was very easy and I didn't need to resize or make any sizing alterations. I did, however make an alteration to use two different fabrics. 
Fabric Used: French terry (64% Polyester Filament, 33% Rayon, 3% Spandex Filament) for the purple, sweater knit (100% polyester) for the white. 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I drew a line across the front and back top part of the shirt and added seam allowances so that I could use two different colors of fabric. I also used 1/4" seam allowances instead of 5/8". I added a number 31 on the front, using infusible ink sheets. 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Definitely. Although the french terry was somewhat difficult to work with and very stretchy, it still turned out ok. I think if I used a different fabric, I would like it even more. 
 Conclusion: I used size XXSm for a 22" soft sculpture cabbage patch kid. It fit perfectly (using 1/4" seam allowances), but I think next time I will add an inch to the bottom, and make the neck opening just a tad tighter. For the pants, I used pattern B6372.


Disclaimer

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Popular posts from this blog

Presser Feet Custom Organizer Tutorial

The Difference Between Class 15 and 15J Bobbins and Why You Should NOT Use Them Interchangeably

Singer Futura XL-400 / Quartet Software Download