Butterick 6372 Pattern Review - Baby Pants

 





Butterick 6372 Pattern Review - Infants' Cape, Vest, Buntings and Pull-On Pants

Pattern Description: Cape has hood with contrast band, snap closing and pre-gathered lace trim. Vest has front zipper closing and purchased bias binding on armholes. Bunting has front zipper closing. C, D: Hood with ears. Pants are pull-on with elasticized waist.
I made view F, the pants.
Pattern Sizing: Newborn to XL.  I used size Newborn
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Somewhat. 
Were the instructions easy to follow? 
Yes, very simple. 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was very easy.
Fabric Used: French terry (64% Polyester Filament, 33% Rayon, 3% Spandex Filament). 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I resized it to fit a 22" soft sculpture cabbage Patch kid.  I took off 1" from the sides of the legs and 2" from the top of the waist.  I also took off 1" from the ankle band, making it shorter.  I also used 1/4" seam allowances instead of 5/8".  They ended up fitting the doll like capris, which is what I wanted.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Definitely. Although the french terry was somewhat difficult to work with and very stretchy, it still turned out ok. I think if I used a different fabric, I would like it even more. 
Conclusion:  Overall, it was a quick and easy pattern. For the shirt, I used pattern B6970.



Disclaimer

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Popular posts from this blog

Presser Feet Custom Organizer Tutorial

The Difference Between Class 15 and 15J Bobbins and Why You Should NOT Use Them Interchangeably

Singer Futura XL-400 / Quartet Software Download